Retailers are an important part of our communities and also serve as the first line of defense in preventing tobacco and alcohol sales to those who are underage. Retailers must make a conscientious decision to engage in responsible practices and remain vigilant about asking for photo identification, checking them thoroughly and refusing to sell to those who are underage.
This website provides materials and resources needed to train and educate retail owners and staff in order to remain compliant with youth access to tobacco and alcohol laws. We encourage everyone to utilize and share the resources provided.
Mobile ID (MiD) in Delaware
Delaware retailers can legally accept MiD as a form of age verification when it comes to the sale of alcohol and tobacco. For additional information & resources visit: Delaware Mobile ID where retailers can request a Partner Welcome Kit with information about Mobile ID, How to Verify, FAQs and signage for their location.
- Delaware Mobile ID Resources: where retailers can request a Partner Welcome Kit with information about Mobile ID, How to Verify, FAQs and signage for their location.
- Free Tobacco Training: Free online tobacco training to all licensed tobacco retailers and their employees in Delaware.
- How to Check a Delaware ID/License
- Pocket Folder 9x12
- State Statutes – Tobacco
- State Statutes - Tobacco Tax
- Under 21 Tobacco Sticker: Retailers are required to post signs prohibiting sales of tobacco products or tobacco substitutes to persons under the age of 18. Download and print as needed.
- Understanding Youth Tobacco Laws in Delaware
- Vapor Establishment Employee Information Form
- Vapor Products FAQs: from the Division of Revenue pertaining to licensing and tax on the sale of vapor products in Delaware.