Retailers are an important part of our communities and also serve as the first line of defense in preventing tobacco and alcohol sales to those who are underage. Retailers must make a conscientious decision to engage in responsible practices and remain vigilant about asking for photo identification, checking them thoroughly and refusing to sell to those who are underage.
This website provides materials and resources needed to train and educate retail owners and staff in order to remain compliant with youth access to tobacco and alcohol laws. We encourage everyone to utilize and share the resources provided.
Tobacco and Vapor Retailers
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO STATE LAW
On April 17, 2019, Governor John Carney signed into law an Act to restrict access to tobacco products and tobacco substitutes to individuals under the age of 21. These changes take effect on July 16, 2019. A notice was sent out to all licensed tobacco and vapor retailer this month to provide a summary of major changes to the laws. View the notice here. For the full details about the legislation, click here.
Thank you for complying with Delaware’s Youth Access to Tobacco Laws and we appreciate your patience while we prepare for this transition. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (302) 741-2715 or Email Us
- State Statutes – Tobacco
- State Statutes - Tobacco Tax
- Understanding Youth Tobacco Laws in Delaware
- Under 21 Tobacco Sticker: Retailers are required to post signs prohibiting sales of tobacco products or tobacco substitutes to persons under the age of 18. Download and print as needed.
- How to Check a Delaware ID/License
- Free Tobacco Training: Free online tobacco training to all licensed tobacco retailers and their employees in Delaware.
- Vapor Products FAQs: from the Division of Revenue pertaining to licensing and tax on the sale of vapor products in Delaware.
- Vapor Establishment Employee Information Form